Change of Use Key to Enhanced Value
Jarvie Bedhall instructed to advise the trustees of the Cradley Group Directors Pension scheme on the best use for a redundant print works in Cradley Heath.
The site adjoined the High Street and was visible to the new bypass.
We advised that the existing buildings were unsuitable for letting in the open market and due to their age and bespoke nature would not sell well.
We undertook market research to demonstrate the site’s potential for a mixed retail and residential scheme.
We selectively marketed the retail opportunity and identified Lidl as a suitable occupier. We agreed terms after extensive negotiations and entered into a conditional contract.
Lidl submitted a planning application, gained an appropriate consent and are now trading from their new store.
A planning application for housing was submitted on the remainder of the site and a detailed consent received.
Throughout the project we advised on all aspects of the development process.
- New Lease Of Life For Landmark Halesowen Office Building
- Energetics Acquire New Regional Hub In Coleshill
- Marketing Castle Court II, Dudley
- Marketing the 75,000 sq ft Brook Park development in Lye
- Advising on redundant print works in Cradley Heath
- Advising IM Properties on using the weak dollar as an investment opportunity
- Marketing Hartlebury Trading Estate in Worcestershire
- Advising Oswin Developments on the purchase of a key 9.5 acre site